Bachelor in Computer applications (BCA):-
Information technology has recorded tremendous growth in the last decade and it has created number of opportunities for the youth. Indian IT industry today accounts for almost 35% of the total export done in India.
Bachelors in Computer application (BCA) is one of the popular options to make a career in information technology. It is an undergraduate academic degree in computer application. The duration of this program is three years. It is equivalent with B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science or Information technology.
This program provides a sound academic base for an advanced career in computer application.
This program demonstrates sound knowledge in key areas of computer science or industrial computing. It also carries out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professional is increasing day by day. This increasing growth of IT industry has created a lot of opportunities for the computer graduates.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like â€˜Câ€™ and â€˜javaâ€™. This course provides a lot of opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
To be eligible for BCA, you should have passed 10+2 from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 45% marks in aggregate
- After the successful completion of the program, a student should be able to get entry level job in the field of Information Technology or ITES.
- BCA graduates can also start their career as programmers and rise to that of senior programmers.
- Software Development & Design in companies like Microsoft, Oracle, Wipro, Infosys etc.
- System Administrator in big corporate companies like Citibank, HLL, P & G etc.
- Training & Development in companies like NIIT, Cisco etc.
There is a huge scope in the field of BCA. One can do job or can go for higher studies after the completion of course.
Self employment option is also available. You can do freelancing or develop your own software if you have that much skills. There are many software MNCs (Multi National Companies) which provide job to the BCA graduates. If candidate has a work experience and all the necessary required skills then he/she can hold good positions in MNCs.
If you want deep knowledge in this field, then you can go for advanced courses such as MCA and PhD. MCA can be specialized in systems management, systems development, management information system, etc. After the completion of MCA, candidate can also get the job of lecturer in any of the reputed institutions.
Mostly, the admission to BCA course is done through the entrance test. Various Universities/Institutions conduct its own entrance exam for granting admission to their colleges. Some colleges provide admission on the basis of merit prepared by the score of qualifying examination (12th).
Career & Jobs:-
The demand of IT professionals is increasing not only in India but also in abroad. After the completion of the course, the student can find a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Oracle, Infosys, and Google. The student can work as a system engineer, junior programmer, web developer or as a system administrator. This field provides you ample opportunities to make your career not only in private sector but also in the public sector. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals for their IT department. After the completion of the course a studentâ€™s work profile may include:
System engineer in the top companies like Infosys, Wipro, hp, Google.
- A system engineer develop, test and evaluate software, circuits and personal computer.
Programmer in various software development firms.
- The duty of programmer is to write code for software. A programmer is primarily works in the computer language such as Assembly, COBOL, C, C++, C#, Java, Lisp, Python, etc.
Web developer in various web designing companies and online digital marketing companies.
System Administrator in an organization including a bank, school or college.
- A System administrator is responsible for setting up and maintaining the system or server.
Software developer in the companies like Microsoft, Google, face book.
- The sole responsibility of software developer is to develop software that ease the tasks of the people and enable to perform work efficiently. A software developer also installs, test and maintains the software.
A number of top recruiters look for the fresher degree holders for offering opportunity of work with. BCA is one of the demanding courses under the IT sector. Here, we have listed the prestigious companies that recruits BCA graduates:
- Tech Mahindra
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd.