Bachelor of Commerce in Bank Management:-
B.Com(Bank Management) – Stands for Bachelor of Commerce in Bank Management. Typically, a B.Com is three year course, minimum eligibility for which is a (10+2) pass with subjects such as math and accountancy. Subjects typically studied under this degree are Banking Theory, Principles of Management, principles of Accounting, Banking Law and Financial Accounting.
For admission in a bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with commerce subjects such as accounts, maths and economics. The duration for this course is 3 years.
- B.Com with specialization in Banking Management
About the Course:-
B.COM (BANK MANAGEMENT) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Commerce with specific reference to Bank Management. It is a full time course. The duration of the course is three years. This course prepares the students to take up various positions in the banking industry and financial services industry. The course is also a stepping stone for students aspiring to undertake higher education in Commerce, Banking, Management, etc. After completion of B.Com (Bank management), students can go for employment in public or private sector banks and financial services industry.
- The course provides a foundation for Commerce and Banking related areas of study to enable students to take up general banking jobs.
- The students are trained in different areas of banking and financial services where they can take up managerial positions.
- The programme provides a foundation for taking up higher studies in Management, and banking related areas.
- Number of opportunities in banking industry – students who have successfully completed the course can join the banking industry, from entry level positions to probationary officers level in PSU banks and as entry level executives in Private sector banks.
- Opportunities in financial services industry to take up marketing operations and HR related assignments.
- Students can join corporate sector in Finance, Marketing, HR and other administrative departments.
- Capital Markets – Indian economy has opened capital markets for foreign investors along with domestic investors.
- KPO/BPO industry: Enormous opportunities for commerce students.
- Taxation: Many jobs related to taxation created after liberalizing Indian economy.
- Job roles in companies, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, commercial firms, business houses, Reserve Bank of India, Foreign banks such as Royal Bank of Scotland, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, American Express Bank, Bank of America, Barclays Bank, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, JP Morgan Chase Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Mashreq Bank, Nationalized banks, Private sector banks such as Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Federal Bank, South Indian Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Indus Ind Bank, etc.
Duration : 3 Years
There are lots of career opportunities in this field. Graduate from this field are mainly employed in banks. Private sector and foreign banks prefer to hire MBAs, CAs and CFAs. There are lots of job opportunities available in India as well as in foreign countries for graduate accountant.
Many international banks hire skilled professionals for various profiles on competitive salaries. Public sector banks hire mostly graduates for clerical and probationary officer posts on the basis of All India Level examination.
Some job titles: –
- Relationship Manager
- Credit Control Manager
- Tellers & Branch Staff
- Customer Care Executive
- Corporate Banking Executive